Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty, easy to make, moist muffins - make a great breakfast treat!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray muffin tin with oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all wet ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Stir the dates into the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the wet mixture.
- Fill the muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes (until toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Let sit 5 minute after removing from oven before taking the muffins out of the tins.
I left out the dates & cinnamon and put in choc chips...pretty average recipe, have had better.
I agree - easy, moist & tasty ... and healthy! Since I hate cleanup, I used muffin liners which was a big mistake - they stuck - I won't do that next time. Thanx for posting the recipe!