Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup whole pitted dates, lightly packed
- 6 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- Peel the bananas, cut them into 1/2" slices, and place them in a bag.
- Freeze for several hours or up to 2 days.
- On the morning that you want to serve the dessert, chop the dates finely and place them in the blender.
- Along with the frozen bananas, silken tofu, orange juice, and rice syrup.
- Puree until the mixture is smooth and glossy, with bits of date evenly distributed through it.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic or glass bowl and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Freeze for several hours, then use an ice cream scoop to serve.
- Use pretty dessert glasses, and garnish each serving with a sprig of mint, if you wish.