Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Bananas are my favorite fruit. I also love the sweetness of a daiquiri, so when I found this recipe (heaven only knows where), I thought they were wonderful! If you're not a Rum-Runner (FFF reference), feel free to sub in a few drops of rum extract to taste.
Top Review by annakatarzyna
Awesome recipe. I cut the sugar to 1/2 cup, and used bananas (minus cherries). Added some Malibu rum (banana flavored) and seriously the best banana muffins ever!
ps. if you don't have self rising flour >>>http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-self-rising-flour-substitute-29318
- 2 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup rum (use banana rum to kick it up a notch!)
- 1⁄2 cup cherries, quartered
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
- Stir together, just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar.