2 hrs 45 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, flour, and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Mix well, and set aside.
- 3Pour milk into a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 160 deg F.
- 4Gradually stir one-fourth of hot milk into yolks; stir into reserved dry ingredients, and add to remaining hot milk.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and coats the spoon.
- 6Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla.
- 7Let cool to room temperature.
- 8Line bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with one-third of the vanilla wafers.
- 9Arrange half of banana slices over wafers; top with half of cooled custard.
- 10Repeat layers, reserving one-third of wafers to crumble and sprinkle over custard.
- 11Chill thoroughly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Custard Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: