Based on Banana Custard Filling by Shandibear, I adjusted to be a smaller quantity and completely dairy free. It is soft, more like a pudding than a custard. Delicious banana flavor and good pudding texture. I used as a filling, but can be served in dishes as a pudding. If you don't care for hemp milk, try substituting a non-dairy milk replacement of your choice, though I recommend it be unsweetened.
My Private Note
1/2 c s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix and set aside.
- 2Pour hemp milk into a saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until candy thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- 3Gradually stir one fourth of the hot hemp milk into egg.
- 4Add remaining hemp milk to egg, stirring until well combined.
- 5Stir into reserved dry ingredients.
- 6Return mixture to pot and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the spoon.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in margarine, vanilla, and bananas.
- 8Let cool to room temperature before using as a cake filling or pour into single serving dessert bowls to cool.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Custard Filling (Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.5
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 34.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: