Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Based on Banana Custard Filling by Shandibear, I adjusted to be a smaller quantity and completely dairy free. It is soft, more like a pudding than a custard. Delicious banana flavor and good pudding texture. I used as a filling, but can be served in dishes as a pudding. If you don't care for hemp milk, try substituting a non-dairy milk replacement of your choice, though I recommend it be unsweetened.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Pour hemp milk into a saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until candy thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Gradually stir one fourth of the hot hemp milk into egg.
- Add remaining hemp milk to egg, stirring until well combined.
- Stir into reserved dry ingredients.
- Return mixture to pot and cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in margarine, vanilla, and bananas.
- Let cool to room temperature before using as a cake filling or pour into single serving dessert bowls to cool.