Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great on banana or white cakes!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 7 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 medium bananas, mashed
- Combine sugar, flour, and cornstarch in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix well and set aside. Pour milk into a large saucepan, cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Gradually stir one fourth of the hot milk into yolks, stir into reserved dry ingredients, and add remaining hot milk.
- Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the spoon. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and bananas.
- Let cool to room temperature.