Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple African soup. Posted in responce to an ISO reqest.
Make and share this Banana Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Peel and chop the bananas.
- Melt the butter in a pan and sweat the onion for 5 minutes.
- stir in the curry powder and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, bananas, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Process the soup in a blender and stir in the cream.
- Check seasonings and return to the pan.
- Reheat to serve.
This is a nice soup. I double the curry or more! Nice garnishes include ground allspice or sour cream.