- 4 large bananas (ripe , but not spoiled)
- 125 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 lemon (using the juice and grated rind)
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the banana, using a wooden spoon oR fork. Melt the butter slowly in a heavy based pan, then add the sugar, bananas, lemon rind and juice. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with a wooden spoon, then gradually beat in 3 tablespoons of the banana mixture, (doing this; perevents the eggs from curdling.).
- Pour onto the remaining banana mixture, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon; but do not boil.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.