Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful way to use up your over ripe bannas. These are like a cross between a muffin and a cupcake. You could serve them for breakfast plain, or add the frosting for a sweet treat. Or if you don't like your cupcakes too sweet, you might consider using a cream cheese frosting instead. This only makes 12 cupcakes and comes together very quickly. From Martha Stewart.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas, plus
- 1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture (do not overmix). Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.
- Honey-Cinnamon Frosting: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners' sugar, unsalted butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
The best cupcake I've ever made. I made this with half wheat flour and you couldn't even taste it. I also added 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the cupcakes and upped it to 1/2 teaspoon in the frosting. They were delicious!
FREAKING AWESOME! This are DELICIOUS! Make them.... NOW! I found they only needed 20 minutes in my oven (runs a little hot). Also, grate and use fresh cinnamon. Sprinkle a little on top for the final wow!
Very good. Frosting was perfect. Added yellow food coloring to the frosting for the bumble bee theme for a birthday party.