Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
love everything low calorie and low fat. it's all i eat and i haven't tried baking low cal cupcakes yet! found this recipe in a cookbook i have and i just altered it even more to make it lower in fat and calories
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (find low fat kind)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- over 350 degrees
- combine 1/4 cup sugar and banana set aside.
- beat 1/2 cup sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla for 3 minutes about
- add egg whites one at a time.
- add banana mixture to sugar mixture.
- in a seperate bowl combine flour, baking soda salt and nutmeg.
- add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- mix after each addition.
- spoon batter into 12 tins bake for approx 25 minutes
- FROSTING: beat powdered sugar, cream cheese and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla at medium.