Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These moist banana cupcakes will make you go bananas! Frost these yummy cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, chocolate frosting, peanut butter frosting, or caramel cream cheese frosting.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 12 paper baking cups. In a medium mixing bowl stir together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in bananas. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. On low speed gradually add flour mixture alternating with milk and beat until blended.
- Divide batter evenly between baking cups. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cupcakes to a cooling rack to cool completley.
Seems like a cupcake with a lot of fewer calories than others. Always good to have that! I am new to baking and love banana bread, so I'll have to try it.
These are great. They taste like banana bread.