Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the book Crazy About Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the batter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs to the creamed mixture and beat well. Add the bananas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until completely integrated.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Fill cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.