Recipe by Juenessa
Simple recipe to put together. Use the frosting recipe that is with the recipe, or use your favorite cream cheese or even chocolate frosting.
Top Review by anniek36
I am so surprised no one has reviewed this recipe! this is now my go to recipe when I make banana cupcakes! Love them! these are not dense like other recipes iv tried these are truly a cupcake very fluffy and tastes Amazing!!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture.
- Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and enough milk to achieve desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.