Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple recipe to put together. Use the frosting recipe that is with the recipe, or use your favorite cream cheese or even chocolate frosting.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture.
- Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and enough milk to achieve desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.
I am so surprised no one has reviewed this recipe! this is now my go to recipe when I make banana cupcakes! Love them! these are not dense like other recipes iv tried these are truly a cupcake very fluffy and tastes Amazing!!