Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are so moist and sweet! lots of banana flavor in it! Copied from www.midwestliving.com
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup mashed banana (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 drop drop yellow food coloring (option)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 18 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30sec.
- Beat in granulated sugar until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs and the 1 cup mashed bananas.
- Beat in flour ad baking powder until combined. (the batter will be thick).
- Spoon into mufin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 28-20 min or until wooden toothpic inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minute.
- Remove from muffin cups and cool completely on wire rack.
- for frosting.
- in medium bowl, beat together powdered sugar, 1/4 cup mashed bananas, 2tbs butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add yellow food coloring, if desired.
- Spread over cupcakes.
Really good basic recipe... Like other commenters, I found it a little more muffin-y than a classic cupcake, but that's not a problem to me. (It's sort of a cross between the two.) I added cinnamon (because I'm a sucker for banana and cinnamon together) and it works well. I also went with a basic cream cheese icing just because that's my fave. Just a personal note - I discovered I only had one egg on hand after I'd mashed the bananas and sifted out my flour... so I subbed in a T of mayo. Worked beautifully. (Done that before... adds a little tang to sweets believe it or not.) Thanks for a really easy quick cupcake fix. :)
Great recipe to complete with kids. Not too sweet but nice flavor and texture. I followed the recipe for the cupcakes exactly and made a caramel frosting to go with it. Good use of old bananas when you are tired of the traditional banana bread and want to use basic ingredients that are generally always on hand. Thanks for posting!
These cupcakes were very light and fluffy. I was a bit concerned because the batter was so thick...but very tasty and light