Recipe by Marie
Yummy and different banana pie made like Dutch apple pie with a brown sugar crumb topping. Make it easy by using a prepared refrigerated pie crust.
Top Review by duke1981
The topping was too much ingredients - try cutting back to about half of suggested if using a store bought pie crust shell. Way more than 20 minutes to prep, and make sure you have 3 bowls ready - a lot of mixing going on here. Used a deep dish crust, and the oven was a mess as it did rise over the top and onto the bottom. Somehow I believe this recipe is for 2 pies????
- 6 cups sliced bananas (about 6 bananas)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- unbaked pie shell (can use refrigerated)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine bananas and lemon juice and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter and nuts and set aside.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and add to bananas.
- Pour into pie shell and sprinkle flour mixture on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.