1/3 Photos of Banana Crunch Muffins
These are from Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa book. They are wonderful!
My Private Note
large m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1 cup medium-diced ripe banana (1 banana)
- 1 cup small pieces walnuts
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- dried banana pieces (optional) or granola cereal (optional) or shredded coconut (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- 3Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- 4Add the melted butter and blend.
- 5Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas, and add then to the flour-and-butter mixture.
- 6Scrape the bowl and blend well.
- 7Don't overmix.
- 8Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola and coconut into the batter.
- 9Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top.
- 10Top each muffin with dried banana chips, granola, or coconut, if desired.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 12Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Crunch Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g