Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from one of my favorite chefs, Ina Garten, The Barefoot Contessa! They are wonderful!!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1 cup medium-diced ripe banana (1 banana)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- dried banana pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attatchment.
- Add the melted butter and blend.
- In a separete bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour mixture.
- Scrape the bowl and blend well; DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola, and coconut into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top.
- Top each muffin with dried banana chips, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, remove from pan, and serve.