Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Don't worry if bread seems a little darker than you would expect... It is still very moist and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 large)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease an 8" by 4" loaf pan.
- Topping :
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl;s et aside.
- Mix oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Add bananas and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until flour is incorporated.
- Add 3/4 cup white chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and cover with topping mixture.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for about 65-70 minutes until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack.
I baked one of these to bring to work for Friday treats and it was a big hit. I especially like the addition of the white chocolate and the coconut topping.