Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Terrific taste! Sugar-free, gluten-free, egg-free, diary-free, yeast-free banana crumble pie! I'm not agree with the nutrition information about this recipe:)
- 125 g rice flour
- 60 g vegetable margarine (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon Orgran No Egg
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 5 drops liquid sweetener (0 calories)
- 1 banana
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds (nuts, hazelnuts, pistachios....)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Let me tell you first, that I have used the NoEgg Orgran's egg replacer for a mounth now, and each time with having a terrible results. Even if there are the instructions on the box, everything was remining raw inside and wasn't rising at all. I left it in my closet, sure that one day I'll throw it away, as its horrible product. This time I had no choice. I couldn't use eggs. Egg whites doesn't work well ither with the gluten-free flours. So I had to give it one last chance. But this time, doing by myserf, without following their instructions.
- So, turn on the oven to 350°F Line a small square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl place the flour and add the vegetable margarine. Work with your fingers both ingredients until it's crumbly. Exactly as you do for the pie pastry. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl, pour the eggreplacer and add the water. whisk with a spoon until it's smooth without any lumps. Add the liquid sweetener and whisk again. Stir in the flour mixtur. Start to work dough very quickly with your hads. If it's too dry (as mine was) add 2-3 more tbsp warm water. Form dough with your hands, cut 1/4 from it and set aside. Place the remaining dough into the pan and flat it with your hands or the back of a glass. Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Do not turn it off.
- Spread the applesauce over the top of the baked base. Peel and slice quickly the banana. Arrange the fruit slices over the applesauce. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 dough with the ground almonds, the cinnamon, the lemon peel and raisins (if you use them). Stir with your hands until crumbly, then cover the banana slices. Bake about 25-30 more minutes, until it's golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a room temperature. Better if you do what I did. Make it the evening before and serve it sliced the next morning for breakfast. You can dast it with confectioners' sugar if you want just before serving. It's perfect for the coffee! It's crispy, sweet becouse of the banana, but not over sweet.
- Enjoy it!