Recipe by rainna
I was always interested in the crumble in peach crumble, but never liked the peach filling. Today, I decided to use bananas, and everyone went into a dreamy "Mmmmmmm...." with the first bite.
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces brown sugar
- 4 ounces salted butter
- 1 dash cinnamon or 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 12 -15 ripe bananas
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup banana liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- For the crumble, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon or nutmeg (if desired) in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes, and rub the cubes into the flour, until the flour mixture resembles crumbs.
- Do not over do it.
- Chill in the refrigerator while starting on your filling.
- For the filling, cut the ripe bananas into large chunks and place in an 8" pie pan or pyrex dish.
- Pour the light corn syrup, banana liquer and dark rum over the bananas.
- Sprinkle in the ground cinnamon and mix all the ingredients well.
- Top with the crumble mixture covering the whole pie pan, and press down.
- Bake in the oven for 35- 45 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown, and the juices bubble from the sides.