Recipe by MISSIB
Classic Cuban Desserts. You could eliminate the rum but then it wouldn't be authentic. From Worldwide recipes to also be tried at a later time.
- 4 -6 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup crumbled toasted ladyfinger
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bananas, brown sugar, rum, lime juice and spices in a bowl, tossing to coat the bananas with the mixture.
- Place banana mixture in a greased 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the ladyfinger crumbs and walnuts.
- Sprinkle over the bananas.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.