Recipe by Sweet PQ?
A diffrent kind of fruit crisp. It works equally well with slightly underripe or fully ripe bananas (just not mushy ones!). Serve with either whipped cream or ice cream (try coconut). If you don't want to use rum, omit it or use 1 teaspoon of rum extract for flavor.
- 6 -8 firm bananas, peeled
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or any tropical juice blend)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the bananas diagonally into a buttered 8" dish and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Mix orange juice, rind, rum and vanilla. Sprinkle this over the bananas and gently blend.
- Combine topping ingredients & sprinkle evenly over the bananas. Make sure you cover the bananas completely so they don't change colour.
- Bake @ 350* for 25 minutes, or until golden.Serve warm.