Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are lovely cookies. The flavor is different from most and they are easy to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 extra-ripe banana, peeled
- 2 -3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grind almonds with 2 tbsp sugar in blender.
- Beat margarine, almond mixture, remaining 4 tbsp sugar, flour and salt until well blended.
- Puree banana in blender.
- Add to almond mixture and mix until well blended.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into logs, then shape into crescents.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in microwavable dish at medium power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once.
- Dip ends of cookies in chocolate.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set.