Recipe by Annacia
Garnish these delicious banana crepes with the brown sugar rum sauce and a few pecans, berries, or more slices of banana and some cinnamon sugar. The prep time is really chill time. From: Southern U.S. Cuisine
Top Review by Girle
YUMMY! I made another crepe recpe but used the Banana Brown Sugar Sauce for inside. I made a few changes but it still turned out great - used Dark Brown Sugar, substituted maple syrup for the corn syrup, and omitted the rum flavoring. Wonderfully sweet so a little goes a long way. Served with whipped cream on top. Thank you Annacia!
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 29.58 ml dark corn syrup
- 29.58 ml rum
- 29.58 ml butter
- 78.07 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4-5 bananas
- cinnamon sugar
- berries, pecans (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, blend eggs with milk.
- Add the flour, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a container, cover, and refrigerate let stand for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- To cook, heat a lightly buttered 7" or 8" crepe pan.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter in the hot pan and swirl the pan so the batter coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the edges begin to brown. Carefully lift with a thin spatula and flip over.
- Cook for a few seconds, just until lightly browned.
- Place on a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- If you will be storing the crepes for a short time, separate the crepes with small squares of waxed paper.
- MAKE THE SAUCE:
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup, 2 tablespoons rum, 2 tablespoons butter, the heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- The mixture will foam, so be careful it doesn't boil over.
- Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Slice a banana; arrange half of the slices down the center of a crepe and drizzle with a little of the sauce and sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar; roll up and place on a serving plate.
- If desired, sprinkle with a few berries, extra slices of banana, or pecans.
- Drizzle the crepe with more rum sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining crepes and bananas.
- Makes about 8 crepes, depending on size.