1/1 Photo of Banana Crepes With Brown Sugar Rum Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
Garnish these delicious banana crepes with the brown sugar rum sauce and a few pecans, berries, or more slices of banana and some cinnamon sugar. The prep time is really chill time. From: Southern U.S. Cuisine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1In a blender, blend eggs with milk.
- 2Add the flour, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar, salt, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 3Blend until smooth.
- 4Pour into a container, cover, and refrigerate let stand for 1 hour or refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- 5To cook, heat a lightly buttered 7" or 8" crepe pan.
- 6Pour about 1/4 cup of batter in the hot pan and swirl the pan so the batter coats the bottom of the pan.
- 7Cook until the edges begin to brown. Carefully lift with a thin spatula and flip over.
- 8Cook for a few seconds, just until lightly browned.
- 9Place on a plate and repeat with remaining batter.
- 10If you will be storing the crepes for a short time, separate the crepes with small squares of waxed paper.
- 11MAKE THE SAUCE:
- 12In a medium saucepan combine 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup, 2 tablespoons rum, 2 tablespoons butter, the heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a medium saucepan.
- 13Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 14The mixture will foam, so be careful it doesn't boil over.
- 15Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- 16Slice a banana; arrange half of the slices down the center of a crepe and drizzle with a little of the sauce and sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar; roll up and place on a serving plate.
- 17If desired, sprinkle with a few berries, extra slices of banana, or pecans.
- 18Drizzle the crepe with more rum sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining crepes and bananas.
- 19Makes about 8 crepes, depending on size.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Crepes With Brown Sugar Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.4
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Sodium 165.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g