Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Taste of Home Magazine and it goes back a couple of years. You can even prepare the crepes a day ahead.
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup full-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- additional butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 6 firm bananas
- In a Bowl, whisk eggs, milk, melted butter, sugar and salt.
- Beat in flour until smooth; let stand 20 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoons butter in a skillet.
- Pour 2 tbsp batter into center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover bottom.
- Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter as needed.
- When cool, stack crepes with wax paper in between.
- For sauce: combine butter, sugar, orange juice and peel in a skillet; bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Peel bananas; cut in half lengthwise.
- Add to orange sauce; cook over medium heat until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Place one banana half in center of each crepe; roll up jelly-roll style.
- Place folded side down on a plate; drizzle with orange sauce.
Perfect sunday morning wife's breakfast in bed..got lots of brownie points for this, now I can mess up somewhere else..LOL..Thanks Kittencal
Amazing! This is one of the nicest deserts I have ever tasted! Thanks!
I was getting ready to post this recipe from Taste of Home magazine (2001). Great recipe and yummy!