From a Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's like dessert for breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 bananas, medium, ripe and sliced
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 bananas, and mashed (very ripe, about 3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving time.
- 2In a 2-qt saucepan, stir pudding mix and 2 cups of milk with wire whisk. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in sliced bananas.
- 4Cover to keep warm.
- 5Preheat waffle maker and, if necessary, brush with vegetable oil (before each battering to prevent sticking) or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- 6In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened.
- 7Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto hot waffle maker. Close lid of waffle maker. [You may want to follow the directions of your waffle maker].
- 8Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops.
- 9Carefully remove waffle.
- 10Repeat with remaining batter.
- 11Serve each waffle topped with about 1/3 cup banana mixture and 2 tablespoons of whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.0
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 497.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 9.6 g