Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From a Betty Crocker Cookbook. It's like dessert for breakfast!
Make and share this Banana Cream Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (4 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 bananas, medium, ripe and sliced
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 bananas, and mashed (very ripe, about 3/4 cup)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Refrigerate until serving time.
- In a 2-qt saucepan, stir pudding mix and 2 cups of milk with wire whisk. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sliced bananas.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Preheat waffle maker and, if necessary, brush with vegetable oil (before each battering to prevent sticking) or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto hot waffle maker. Close lid of waffle maker. [You may want to follow the directions of your waffle maker].
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops.
- Carefully remove waffle.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve each waffle topped with about 1/3 cup banana mixture and 2 tablespoons of whipped cream.