Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Everyday Health.
Make and share this Banana Cream Tarts With Raspberries recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces light sour cream or 8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 1 (7 ounce) cartonpurchased creme fraiche
- 1 medium bananas, mashed (1/3 cup) or 1⁄3 cup mashed mango
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (or granulated heat-stable sugar substitute,Splenda) (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries
- semisweet chocolate (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare Pastry Dough. Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten 1 portion. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 3 1/2-inches in diameter. Line a 3-inch tart pan with pastry. Press pastry into fluted sides of tart pans; trim edges. Prick bottom of pastry. Repeat with remaining portions of pastry. Line pastries with a double thickness of foil.
- Place pastry-lined tart pans on a very large baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry shells are golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack. Remove pastry shells from pans.
- For filling, in a medium bowl, stir together sour cream or creme fraiche and mashed banana or mango. If desired, sweeten with sugar or sugar substitute.
- Divide filling mixture among pastry shells; top with raspberries, banana slices and/or kiwi slices. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- Tart Pastry:.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.