I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Everyday Health.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces light sour cream or 8 ounces nonfat sour cream or 1 (7 ounce) carton purchased creme fraiche
- 1 medium bananas, mashed (1/3 cup) or 1/3 cup mashed mango
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (or granulated heat-stable sugar substitute,Splenda) (optional)
- 1 cup raspberries
- semisweet chocolate (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Prepare Pastry Dough. Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten 1 portion. Roll dough from center to edges into a circle about 3 1/2-inches in diameter. Line a 3-inch tart pan with pastry. Press pastry into fluted sides of tart pans; trim edges. Prick bottom of pastry. Repeat with remaining portions of pastry. Line pastries with a double thickness of foil.
- 3Place pastry-lined tart pans on a very large baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes more or until pastry shells are golden. Cool in pans on a wire rack. Remove pastry shells from pans.
- 4For filling, in a medium bowl, stir together sour cream or creme fraiche and mashed banana or mango. If desired, sweeten with sugar or sugar substitute.
- 5Divide filling mixture among pastry shells; top with raspberries, banana slices and/or kiwi slices. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- 6Tart Pastry:.
- 7In a medium bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the flour mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening flour mixture, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all of the flour mixture is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Tarts With Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 74.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g