Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great banana dessert!
- 15 whole graham crackers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk, cold
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 12 ounces Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pecans, grated
- Mix toghether graham cracker crumbs, margarine and sugar; mix well.
- Press crumb mixture onto flat bottom of Springform pan.
- In 2 quart.
- bowl whisk together sour cream and milk until blended.
- Add pudding mix; whisk until pudding is dissolved.
- Add whipped topping mixing until well blended.
- Spread half of filling over crust.
- Slice bananas; arrange over filling.
- Spread remaining filling over bananas.
- Grate pecans over top.
- To serve, remove collar from Springform pan; cut into wedges.
This was delicious. I made it with regular sour cream and cool whip as my husband balks at anything with the works "lite" or "low fat". My only reservation in giving it a whole 5 stars was that 15 whole graham crackers were too much to blend with the given amount of sugar and butter to make "crust". With 15 whole graham crackers I had what seemed like too large an amount of crumbs that didn't hold together at all. I added another 1/4 cup of margarine to get what seemed like a better consistency and saved half of the whole mixture to use for something else. Overall though, very tasty and easy enough for anyone to make successfully.
This tasted great! Very refreshing and not too heavy after a big meal. I have to agree w/ Sharlene to cut down on the graham crackers. When I went to cut it/take the ring off it was not stable and the crust was crumbly. I ate it anyway as did my guests. It has GREAT flavor and the sour cream adds a twist to the usual banana desserts around. I thought instead of changing the recipe to do it in a trifle dish in 2-3 layers.
This is very easy and very tasty. When I was a Pampered Chef Consultant, I used this recipe in my demos. It was always a hit and always disappeared. I learned to make more!