Recipe by Dancer^
This turned out excellent I topped it with a little whipped cream when serving. its VLF.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute, plus
- 2 tablespoons fat free egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- banana, sliced (1/4 inch thick)
- ground nutmeg
- 8 large fat free graham crackers (if you can't find the fat-free, don't worry graham crackers do not have much fat in them.)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons banana baby food (i would use more next time up to 4)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Slowly stir in the milk.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- untilthe mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and cook and stir for another minute or two.
- Blend about 1/2 cups of the hot mixture into the egg substitute.
- Then return the egg mixture to the pan.
- Cook and stir over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- DO NOT allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Top with half of the bananas and half of the remaining filling.
- Repeat layers, ending with the filling.
- Sprinkle the top light with ground nutmeg if desired, or a handful of graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill for several hours, or until the filling is set.
- Cut into wedges and serve cold.
- Crust: Process the cracker into fine crumbs.
- Measure crumbs, you should have 1 1/4 cups.
- Put crumbs, sugar and baby food in a food processor (you can use a fork, it takes longer but does work) and process till moist and crumbly.
- Coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using the back of a spoon that has been sprayed as well, press the crumbs into the pan to form crust.
- Bake the pie shell at 350° degrees for 10 minutes, or until the edges feel firm and dry.
- Cool the crust at room temperature and fill with above recipe.