Recipe by Spring Tree Kitchen
This Banana Cream Pie definitely equals or beats a dairy made cream pie!
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-dairy milk substitute
- 2 -4 sliced bananas (soak in a bowl of water with about 1 T. lemon juice to prevent browning)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put everything except the bananas into a blender and blend on high for a couple of minutes.
- Pour into a saucepan and turn the burner to medium high. Stir continuously until it begins to bubble and thicken. Let it low boil for about a minute.
- Place the sliced bananas in the bottom of a graham cracker crust or pre-baked crust of choice.
- Pour the pudding mixture on top.
- Chill in refrigerator for about 3-4 hours or more. For a quicker chill, put the pie in the freezer for up to an hour and then move to the refrigerator for another hour.
- Serve with a vegan whip cream.