Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An awesome light dessert to accompany a heavy meal. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled and made in a punch bowl to feed a large crowd. Cook time and prep time do not include chill time.
- In a bowl, mix together flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly (Stir in peanuts if using).
- Press mixture into a 9 inch square baking dish and Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Stir to break up into crumbs and cool completely.
- Prepare pudding as directed using the 2 cups milk.
- In a glass bowl, sprinkle half of the cooled crumbs on the bottom.
- Top with half of the pudding, half of the bananas, and half of the whip cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refridgerate for 4 hours.
Just delicious! I added 1 T rum to the whipped cream and added 3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs to the crumb mixture. Wonderful!
This trifle recipe got some rave reviews at our house tonight Pamela!
I made it with the cooked pudding mix as that is what was in the pantry. I also used the peanuts and threw a few chopped almonds in too. We will definitely be making this again and I am adding it to my "favourite" desserts book. It doesn't get much easier than this, thank you!
This was so elegant in my trifle bowl! It caught everyone's attention as they opened the fridge. When I first started layering, I thought "Oh no, this is going to be shallow and I should have doubled it." But no--it was plenty and perfect. Everyone wanted to take some home with them. Very nice!