Recipe by Andi the grate
I got this recipe off the internet but I'm not sure what site. It's very easy and every time I make this, my family goes nuts over it. It is not low fat... it is not low sugar... it is not healthy by any stretch of the imagination... it absolutely is decadent, sinful and irresistible.
Top Review by John Sauerbeck
This is one of the few dessert recipes we actually ate. I make them all the time, but we don't eat a lot of sugar. It did make 2 pies and I could of made a 3'rd. The second one went to a neighbor, but no feedback. I will make this again, but I need to work on volume so I don't have to throw anything away.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 12 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 bananas, sliced 1/4 thick
- 2 prepared vanilla wafer pie crusts
- 1 (15 ounce) can whipped cream (for topping)
- chocolate syrup (for topping)
- 1 banana, sliced (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Yes, you are going to have to split a package of vanilla pudding mix. This means that you will need a kitchen scale.
- Place the cream and half & half in a bowl, add the instant pudding mix.
- With an electric mixer, whip on low speed for 1 minute until combined scraping sides. Just get it all mixed in, it will start to thicken a little.
- Whip on medium speed for just a minute or so longer until it thickens a bit more.
- Then power it up to high for a minute or so more. Be careful not to overmix. My first attempt yielded a deflated filling because I overmixed. You want it to come out the consistency of mousse.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas in the pie shells.
- Spoon some filling over the bananas and smooth to the edges of the shells. Don't lay it on too thick, we want to get 3 layers out of the filling.This stuff is thick and will try to pull up the bananas, so be patient.
- Add two more layers of banana slices and filling. The filling should be thick enough to be able to mound it up higher than the crust.
- Top with whipped cream, drizzle with chocolate sauce, and garnish with banana slices.