Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Deeeelish...that's about all I can say. This is easy and if you like banana cream pie, but are tired of the same ole same ole, this pretty layered dessert is sure to wow your dinner guests or your husband.
Top Review by SweetSueAl
This was totally yummy! I used sugar free banana pudding and cool whip free dessert topping. I don't think I compromised the taste at all. It was easy to make. I didn't top with peanuts, but saved a bit of the cookie crunch and crumbled it over the top. Thanks Redneck, this is a winner!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box banana cream pudding and pie filling mix
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3 bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare cookie crunch: heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour and brown sugar; cut in butter till crumbly. Stir in peanuts. Press into the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces and cool completely.
- When cookie crunch is cool, prepare the pudding with the milk.
- In a large bowl, layer the half the cookie crunch, half the pudding, half the bananas, and half the cool whip. Repeat layers.
- Top with a handful of chopped peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until serving.