Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Deeeelish...that's about all I can say. This is easy and if you like banana cream pie, but are tired of the same ole same ole, this pretty layered dessert is sure to wow your dinner guests or your husband.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box banana cream pudding and pie filling mix
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 3 bananas, sliced
- To prepare cookie crunch: heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour and brown sugar; cut in butter till crumbly. Stir in peanuts. Press into the bottom of a 9x9 pan. Bake until light brown, about 15 minutes. Break into pieces and cool completely.
- When cookie crunch is cool, prepare the pudding with the milk.
- In a large bowl, layer the half the cookie crunch, half the pudding, half the bananas, and half the cool whip. Repeat layers.
- Top with a handful of chopped peanuts. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
This was totally yummy! I used sugar free banana pudding and cool whip free dessert topping. I don't think I compromised the taste at all. It was easy to make. I didn't top with peanuts, but saved a bit of the cookie crunch and crumbled it over the top. Thanks Redneck, this is a winner!
This is a family favourite, I was checking to see if it was posted. Very easy and scrumptious. My kids love it.
Oh, my, was this good!! I made the recipe like it said but couldn't find a small instant banana pudding, so I used the large box. Glad I did! Turned out beautifully and I had even more of this great stuff! I think I'd like to try coconut pudding next time or maybe a blend of banana/coconut as it should be totally decadent with the bananas and peanuts! — May 25, 2006 Edited to add that I did toast some coconut and add it just after the slced bananas. Soooooo good!