This is a wonderful banana cream pie type dessert that is super easy and great for pot luck style meals. I found the original recipe in a kraft foods magazine but I changed the recipe a little for maximum enjoyment. I hope you like it as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package philadelphia reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 cups milk (any percent will work)
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package jell-o sugar-free fat free instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1/2 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking square, grated
- 1COMBINE wafers and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish.
- 2MIX cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust; set aside.
- 3Cut bananas in slices;Arrange in a nice layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- 4POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute Spoon over bananas.
- 5Spread top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate.
- 6Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- 7If you would like you can go ahead and use reduced fat Nilla waffers, cool whip, milk, and pudding. It was once part of the original recipe. You can also go ahead and treat yourself and use the full fat version of all the ingredients also, they both come out wonderful and rich.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 704.6
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 120.9 mg
- Sodium 567.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
sugar-free fat free instant banana cream pudding mix