Recipe by jellyfishsquishy
This is a wonderful banana cream pie type dessert that is super easy and great for pot luck style meals. I found the original recipe in a kraft foods magazine but I changed the recipe a little for maximum enjoyment. I hope you like it as much as I do.
- 40 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) packagephiladelphia reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 cups milk (any percent will work)
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (1 ounce) packagejell-o sugar-free fat free instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1⁄2 baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking square, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- COMBINE wafers and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 13x9-inch dish.
- MIX cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread evenly over crust; set aside.
- Cut bananas in slices;Arrange in a nice layer over the cream cheese mixture.
- POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute Spoon over bananas.
- Spread top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle evenly with chocolate.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.
- If you would like you can go ahead and use reduced fat Nilla waffers, cool whip, milk, and pudding. It was once part of the original recipe. You can also go ahead and treat yourself and use the full fat version of all the ingredients also, they both come out wonderful and rich.