Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderfully rich and creamy. You will love it. This came from my sister-in-law.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
- Pour 1/2 of filling on pie crust.
- Place sliced bananas on filling.
- Pour remainder of filling on the sliced bananas.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top with meringue and brown in a preheated 400°F oven.
- Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie.
I miss read and ended up layering the filling and the bananas twice. Then topped it with cool whip and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Yummy! Incidently by double layering there was lots of banana flavor through out the pie. Delish!!
Easy to make and taste great! Topped it with "Never Weep" Whipped Cream "Never Weep" Whipped Cream and used banana cream pudding dry mix in the topping for extra flavor. Thanks for sharing!
We thought this recipe was OKAY, but the pudding came out awfully thin, and I couldn't even get a slice of pie out without it falling completely apart. I'd also prefer more banana flavoring - next time I may try mushing some banana to add to the pudding mix itself.