Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is wonderfully rich and creamy. You will love it. This came from my sister-in-law.
Make and share this Banana Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- Mix water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
- Pour 1/2 of filling on pie crust.
- Place sliced bananas on filling.
- Pour remainder of filling on the sliced bananas.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top with meringue and brown in a preheated 400°F oven.
- Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie.
I miss read and ended up layering the filling and the bananas twice. Then topped it with cool whip and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Yummy! Incidently by double layering there was lots of banana flavor through out the pie. Delish!!
Easy to make and taste great! Topped it with "Never Weep" Whipped Cream "Never Weep" Whipped Cream and used banana cream pudding dry mix in the topping for extra flavor. Thanks for sharing!
I don't rate recipes much but this is wonderful!! The pudding part is delicious and the pie was even better. My husband LOVED it. Thank you so much!