Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This real good . And I would fix this all the time. This came from my husbands momma.
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- Scald milk in double boiler.
- Combine sugar,salt, flour and cornstarch in saucepan; mix well.
- Stir milk into sugar mixture gradually.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,until thickened.
- Return to double boiler; cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat egg yolks slightly.
- Add small amount of hot mixture to egg yolks, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Return to hot mixture,stirring to blend.
- Cook for 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Add butter;mix well.
- Stir in flavoring.
- Spread 1/3 of the mixture in pie shell.
- Cover with 1/2 of banana slices.
- Add half the remaining filling and remaining banana slices.
- Top with remaining filling.
- Spread meringue over filling, sealing to edge.
- Bake in preheated 350-degree oven until lightly browned.
Never made a pie in my life and my family was floored with this recipe. It was great and not overly complicated and reallllllly reallly yummy.