Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom is an excellent cook. She almost always made everything from scratch growing up. This is one of those recipes. Every time I eat a piece of this pie - it always brings good memories of family gatherings - since she always brought pies.
- 10 inches pie shells, baked
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large bananas
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in medium saucepan.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add milk and butter. Beat well.
- Cook slowly until thick. Let boil for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- When cool, pour over sliced bananas in pie crust.
- Top with cool whip and banana slices if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
We all enjoyed this. Did not adjust this at all. This was so easy to prepare too. Though the previous reviewer stated that this is a basic recipe, and as much as My kids and myself like bananas, this hit the spot. Great fklavoring and taste. Made for recipe swap# 36.
I always like to make everything from scratch also,your mom and I are from the old school. I made this pie for the second time last night. It was good the first time but seemed to lack a little something, last night I added a tsp of vanilla and that just took it over the top for us. This is a very good basic recipe to play with as in coconut, or orange etc. Thank you so much for sharing. Lee