8 hrs 10 mins
Recipe is from Taste of Home. The cooking time includes chilling overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk until smooth.
- 2Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- 3Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 4Remove from the heat.
- 5Stir a small amount of hot filling into edges; return all to the pan.
- 6Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Gently stir in butter and vanilla.
- 9Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 10Slice the bananas into pastry shell; pour the custard over top.
- 11Spread with whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds.
- 12Chill for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- 13Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.3
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.1 mg
- Sodium 501.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 9.7 g