Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My whole family loves this! It's tastes great and is easy to make.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Add the milk gradually while stirring gently. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes and then remove from the burner.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks with a few large spoonfuls of the cooked milk mixture and mix together to temper the eggs so that they won't curdle.
- Return the egg mixture to the rest of the cooked milk mixture. Cook for about 2 more minutes or until thickened. Remove from burner and add vanilla and butter.
- Slice the bananas and place into the bottom of the cooled, cooked pastry shell.
- Pour pie mixture over bananas and top with meringue.
- Bake @ 350* for 12-15 minutes until meringue is lightly browned.
- Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.