Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very good, old-fashioned cream pie. It is one of our family favorites. I have been making this pie for 30 years, and it is still the best.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- pre-baked pie crust
- whipping cream, for topping
- 3 bananas, sliced
- In saucepan mix 2/3 cup sugar, 6 tablespoons corn starch, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in gradually 3 cups milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thick; boil 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; gradually stir 1/2 of mixture into 3 egg yolks, beat slightly.
- Now blend this mixture back into the mixture in the saucepan, boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in the butter, vanilla, and bananas. Top with cream and banana for garnish.