Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
It's like Banana Cream Pie for breakfast.
Make and share this Banana Cream Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 medium bananas, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup eagle brand fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- Bring water to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add quick oats and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Add banana slices and sweetened condensed skim milk.
- Cover and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Oatmeal will thicken as it sits.
Delicious! This was a good change to my normal breakfast routine. I loved that it wasn't too sweet and the banana flavor wasn't too washed out or too overwhelming. I'll probably top it off with some walnuts for an extra crunch next time. Thanks for sharing! I will be making this again :)
Nummy! This was delicious and fast, and very filling. Maito is right about the serving sizes; we actually had leftovers. Normally 4 servings of oatmeal is perfect for me and my 2 kids. I liked that the condensed milk was all the sweetener used or needed, and the creaminess was perfect. I made it according to the recipe, but additions of cinnamon or nuts sound like excellent ideas, too! :) Thanks for a yummy addition to my breakfast files!
This was a good oatmeal recipe. 4 stars is the average between my and DH's ratings. I liked that it wasn't too sweet. I added walnuts, which complimented the bananas nicely. I thought one person's suggestion of cinnamon would have been good too. Serving size is right (for normal size eaters).