For serious banana lovers only...this is an amazing dessert, one that is quite simple to make. (Note: this can be made a day ahead, and kept refrigerated). Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 4 cups cool whip frozen whipped topping, completely thawed, divided
- 2 -3 medium bananas (don't use very ripe bananas)
- 1 (135 g) package Jello gelatin, banana cream pudding and pie filling mix (do not use the instant, it must be the cooked kind)
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1Prepare an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
- 2in a bowl, mix all crust ingredients.
- 3Pat lightly into the baking pan.
- 4Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5Meanwhile, with an electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar until well blended (about 2 minutes).
- 6Fold in (do not beat) 2 cups Cool Whip thawed topping.
- 7Remove the crust from the fridge; spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust.
- 8Return back to the fridge.
- 9(At this point, the dessert may be left covered in the fridge overnight, and the last stage may be finished the next day if desided) Prepare the pudding mix on top of the stove in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, (be careful not to scotch the bottom) or it can be prepared in the microwave, (my prevrence is the microwave, as I always seem to end up with a scortched saucepan bottom) Leave sit in the fridge for 1 hour to thicken and cool.
- 10After 1 hour,slice the bananas into pieces.
- 11Remove the dessert from the fridge; place the banana slices evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- 12Gently spread the prepared pudding over the bananas.
- 13Top with 2 cups (or more) Cool Whip topping.
- 14Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- 15Note: do not replace the pudding and pie filling with instant pudding for this dessert, it will not hold up, and will run all over when the dessert is sliced.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cream Layer Dessert (No Bake)
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 953.0
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 38.0 g
- Cholesterol 127.0 mg
- Sodium 557.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 77.4 g
- Protein 11.3 g