Recipe by Marie
I have yet to try this, but it sounds awesome! The banana whipped cream topping must be started at least two hours before serving. I would do this the night before so it is ready to use in the morning. This is definitely on my must try list.
- 8 slices bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Banana Cream Topping
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For topping: combine bananas, orange juice, sugar and lemon juice and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the bananas become very soft.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer bananas to blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of the liquid from the pan and puree until smooth.
- Place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and chill until cold (at least 2 hours).
- Just before serving, beat whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold banana puree into whipping cream.
- For French toast, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dip bread slices into egg mixture, coating both sides well.
- Melt butter in skillet or griddle and cook slices over medium heat until golden brown.
- Keep slices in warm oven until all are completed.
- Serve with a generous dollop of banana cream topping and garnish with a few slices of freshly sliced bananas.