Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 boxes small fat-free vanilla pudding
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 medium bananas, sliced, ripe
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package light non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Using a fork, combine graham cracker crumbs and honey in a small mixing bowl. Press into the bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding and milk until thickened, about 90 seconds; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar using a mixer on low speed.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the pudding until blended.
- Spread pudding mixture over graham cracker crust. Arrange bananas on top of pudding mixture; sprinkle with coconut. Spread on nondairy whipped topping; sprinkle on nuts.
- Cover and chill at least two hours.
This recipe ended up really rich & filling despite all the lower fat ingredients! Very nice banana flavour! I made for Sewing Circle & everyone enjoyed this dessert! I did have to tweak the recipe ever so slightly to get it to work for me. The honey didn't seem to be enough to hold the crust together properly so I added 2 Tbsp of melted margarine - it worked but would have been more solid with a little more than that. The filling was extremely thick & I didn't think there was any way I was going to get it spread evenly over the crust. So, I beat in an extra 1/2 cup of milk to thin it out & it worked great. I made the night before so by the time I served this, the bananas had turned brown - they tasted fine but didn't look so appetizing. Next time I'll toss with some lemon juice to prevent that.
This was a great dessert! It had everything that belongs in it....sweet,crunchy,soft. I made this into a pie and it worked. I cut the filling ingredients in 1/2. Thanks so much for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs '08.