Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large bananas or 2 small bananas, diced
- Combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Add milk gradually.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened. (Do not rush this stage as it gets rid of the raw flour flavor).
- Blend a little of the hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Stir yolks into saucepan. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and butter. Cool.
- When ready to serve fold in diced bananas. Place a small amount of filling on each crepe and roll.
This was my first time making banana cream anything, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it was SO GOOD. We topped our crepes with fresh strawberries, and it made it even more amazing. I think next time we'll try a chocolate or Nutella drizzle. Thank you for the recipe!
Very tasty--would make again!!
Wonderful recipe, it was very rich and my family loved it. It was quite easy reminds me of lemon meringue. I'm going to try it with strawberries next time.