Top Review by moxiegirlaz
This was my first time making banana cream anything, so I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it was SO GOOD. We topped our crepes with fresh strawberries, and it made it even more amazing. I think next time we'll try a chocolate or Nutella drizzle. Thank you for the recipe!
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 large bananas or 2 small bananas, diced
- Combine flour, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small saucepan.
- Add milk gradually.
- Cook, stirring, over low heat until thickened. (Do not rush this stage as it gets rid of the raw flour flavor).
- Blend a little of the hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Stir yolks into saucepan. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and butter. Cool.
- When ready to serve fold in diced bananas. Place a small amount of filling on each crepe and roll.