Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received a booklet from Kraft Foods today which is called "food & family" and this is one of the recipes in it that I am posting here to try at a later date.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed, divided
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, Philadelphia, Softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped topping, Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Reserve 1 cup of the dry cake mix. Mix remaining cake mix with 1 egg, oil and 1/3 cup sugar with mixer (mixture will be crumbly). Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan; top with bananas.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer. Add reserved cake mix, remaining eggs and lemon juice; beat 1 minute. Blend in milk (batter will be thin). Pour into crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Top with whipped topping, Refrigerate leftovers (if there are any).
I made this and accidentally used regular sugar in the crust which was good. Also, with the leftovers, I sprinkled coconut on top of the whipped topping. It was GREAT! It would probably also be good with chopped pecans on top (instead of the coconut). Easy and delicious!
I made this for my husbands birthday today and it is SO GOOD! I was just coming here to post it (I found it in the Kraft Food and Family magazine also) but I see you have beat me to it. ;) I will be making this alot!