Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I always loved eating this cake. This cake tastes like a cross between Banana Bread and a Dense Delicious Pound Cake....
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups butter (softened)
- 3 cups sugar (sifted)
- 3 bananas (softened and slightly brown)
- 3 cups cake flour (without salt and baking powder)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add Butter, Sugar and Cream Cheese to mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy (60 sec).
- Mash the Bananas then add to the mixing bowl and mix well (15 sec).
- Add Vanilla Extract to the mixing bowl and mix well (15 sec).
- Add Eggs one at a time, ensure that each Egg is mixed well before adding the next Egg (10 sec per egg).
- Sift the Cake Flour and Baking Powder together.
- Add Cake Flour/Baking Powder into the mixing bowl and mix well until the mixture is smooth throughout (90 sec).
- Grease and Flour at tube pan 10-in or 12-in.
- Pour cake mixture to pan, put pan into oven and immediately reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Bake cake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and enjoy!
Followed your recipe right on down & the resulting pound cake was absolutely wonderful! I don't usually think of a banana cake this way, but it was well worth making & thoroughly enjoyed by the 2 of us & the neighbors with whom we shared it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
This one is a keeper. The batter is definitely for a larger bundt pan. I used the 10 cup but had to keep out some of the batter..remember you don't want to fill your pan to the top or it's going to spill over. I also added a vanilla bean just because I like intense vanilla flavor. The taste of this cake is delicious, but the texture.. is heavenly!! What a great recipe. Used your times you posted for each step and they are perfect including the bake time! Thanks!
Yummy, but I will bake in larger bundt or pour some into a loaf pan and cook as well. it Was all the way at the top of the bundt pan raw, so I luckily put it on a sheet pan. Good thing because it overflowed and made a mess. I did eat the overflow! Haha! It was good!! The rest in the bundt pan baked up correctly, but hell to clean up all the pans! So delicious!!