Recipe by dotpotter
I always loved eating this cake. This cake tastes like a cross between Banana Bread and a Dense Delicious Pound Cake....
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Followed your recipe right on down & the resulting pound cake was absolutely wonderful! I don't usually think of a banana cake this way, but it was well worth making & thoroughly enjoyed by the 2 of us & the neighbors with whom we shared it! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups butter (softened)
- 3 cups sugar (sifted)
- 3 bananas (softened and slightly brown)
- 3 cups cake flour (without salt and baking powder)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs (room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add Butter, Sugar and Cream Cheese to mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy (60 sec).
- Mash the Bananas then add to the mixing bowl and mix well (15 sec).
- Add Vanilla Extract to the mixing bowl and mix well (15 sec).
- Add Eggs one at a time, ensure that each Egg is mixed well before adding the next Egg (10 sec per egg).
- Sift the Cake Flour and Baking Powder together.
- Add Cake Flour/Baking Powder into the mixing bowl and mix well until the mixture is smooth throughout (90 sec).
- Grease and Flour at tube pan 10-in or 12-in.
- Pour cake mixture to pan, put pan into oven and immediately reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Bake cake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cool on wire rack.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and enjoy!