Recipe by Irmgard
I am posting this in response to a recipe request for a dessert using cream cheese and bananas. I quite often make this for Sunday dinner if I have bananas to use up and it disappears very quickly! If you don't have graham crackers, you can use a baked pie shell. Chilling time is cooking time.
Top Review by Andie
Not sure what happened. I followed the directions exactly as listed- However my pie never set up. It was very soupy and the bananas that I had lined the bottom of the crust with floated to the top and turned black. The taste seemed to be pretty good, but the consistancy was waaaaaay off. Not sure I would try it again.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 medium bananas, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Line the crust with two of the sliced bananas.
- Pour the filling over the bananas; cover.
- Chill 3 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, arrange the remaining banana slices on top of the pie.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.